Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR)
Who this Helps
- Eating disorders
- Generalized anxiety
- Complicated grief
- Panic disorders/phobias
- Sexual, emotional and or physical abuse
- Somatoform disorder
- EMDR is an evidence-based treatment that enables people to heal from symptoms and emotional distress that are a result of disturbing life experiences.
- EMDR incorporates bi-lateral stimulation using either visual, kinesthetic, or auditory processing. It assists individuals in processing disturbing events, that have been locked or stowed away in the nervous system, by allowing the brain to process the conscious and unconscious material. Your own brain is working on doing the healing.
- EMDR has been recognized by the World Health Organization, Department of Defense, as an evidence based treatment for trauma.
What to Expect
- Clinicians will perform treatment in a safe space that allows clients the ability to face those experiences with the overall goal to overcome them.
- Allowing client's to begin a new chapter of life with acceptance and the ability to live unchained by those upsetting experiences.